Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An Update...


So lately it seems I've been asked the same question about Tegan. "How's Tegan doing?" And so instead of repeating myself over and over, I figure I'd just write about it instead!

Gosh, you hear what other kids (her friends) are doing right now, and sometimes she's ahead of the game, and sometimes she's behind. Unlike my one competitive friend, who I won't name (initials are A.A!!) I know that in due time, they will all have their own unique talents and downfalls! Okay, strengths and weaknesses!

For instance: Tegan can say just about anything now. Full sentances. Sing some songs, but only a line or two at a time. Heck, she can even throw all the songs she knows into the SAME song! Like: 1. "Happy Birthday to you, wimbo way wimbo way.."

2. "Happy Birthday to you, How are you? How are you?" (that's from Kid-fit class)

We have our routine each day, of all of us waking up about 7:30 8:00 a.m. It's nice. Then one of us jumps in the shower, and the other brings Tegan to the bathroom where she can have a shower too. Once we're done, we leave and let her play in there on her own. She usually sits and writes on the glass door and plays with bath toys.

After we're ready, she gets out and gets her hair dried. She loves to help Daddy shave.Telling him to "Be Careful." Then we go back to her room to get her dressed... She loves being tickled now too. Bare skin best. We also have to join her in her bed too at bedtime. She feels your cheek softly, lifts her head and gently kisses the end of your nose and when you don't expect it...she licks it!! that's when I'm gone!

I swore the other night on the phone and she repeated it. Then I yelled at Mark to "shut up" because as I'm trying to talk on the phone, he's constantly talking to me at the same time and I already told him a couple of times to knock it off. Using sign language. That didn't work either! Next thing y'know, she's yelling at him "SHUT UP Daddy, SHUT UP!" And I got a stern look from him...I wasn't sure if that was to get off the phone, or to watch what I was saying! Oops!

Eh hem. So as I was saying...she's been teething again in the last two weeks. Blood every sleep on her pillow. She'll wake up and tell you her mouth is "sore" and needs "chapstick" to make it better. She loves to sit in the back seat of the car with her chapstick. Applying it and re-applying it. This drives Mark crazy and believes that it's toxic and should not be on baby's skin. I do make sure the stuff is barely out of the tube. So she doesn't get much. Next is to watch that she doesn't shove her finger in there. Only once so far. We've already lost the lid to her Aveeno Rapid Relief chapstick. And she's been dutifully returning the cap on the other chapsticks we have distributed around the house. She quite enjoys the Smoothie one from Blistex.

She loves going to the Chiropractor's with me to see Dr. Zac. She calls him. "Dah-r. Ak" She walks around me and putting stickers on me while the good looking Doc fixes me up. Sometimes you'll feel her hands on my face and neck, imitating what he's doing. And she'll say "Dah-r. Ak, fix Mommy's back...sore." She'll also ask for the "medicine for Mommy" when he arrives with his handy heating machine. Maybe she could grow up and be one of those...I'd be seeing her every week!

This week she has a rash or something on her hands. She got it last week after being at the office. I thought it was glue on her hand since she was playing with it there. And she kept rubbing her hands (palms) on her legs to scratch them....I thought we were just coming into money! Ha! You've heard that wise tale haven't you??

Anyway, it's gotten worse. One of the ladies at the Daycare thought it looked like eczema. So I have to get her in to see the Dr. And she is so SCARED of him it's not even funny. Thinks he's the needle man. Anyway, there must be something we can give her to relieve her hands. What do you think?

Next is, she's been wanting to eat off of Daddy's plate every meal. I might as well not even dish her food onto her own plate. It just gets thrown out. They share forks, he has to cut it, then she helps herself to the fork. God forbid he put it in her mouth for her. NO WAY HOSAY! And she says that too now! She has to use the fork herself.
And if any of you know Mark well enough, you'd know that this drives him INSANE. He doesn't like to share his food at all. He always eats bites off her plate though. Or her dessert! But he hates giving anything up from his own. He's also territorial. I can't give him things from my plate either. Thinks its rude and disgusting, even though, he's going to eat it. You can't give it to him in advance. His plate must be empty first. Crazy!! And he wonder's where she gets it from.

We had to lower her fancy chair at the dinner table this morning because her knees were so bent. It has a foot rest that was too high. Now her feet are placed neatly underneath her. Hopefully this will help her stay seated in her seat. But she's growing!

Potty training has been going on for a very long time. We even got "Once Upon A Potty" VHS from church. It's a fun cartoon and it's 10 minutes long. She likes it, but still doesn't want to. She has pooped and peed on it but it's a fight getting her there. She's regressed, so fine. She can't wait to get the dirty diaper off mind you. Can't wait to watch it go down to the toilet. Likes to toot on it too. And has been rewarded with candy or movies or whatever, but it's just not working yet. I do want to go and get her some underwear this week. Try that out. Well of course we're going to need the plasticy ones that go over top so Mark doesn't have a caniption!

She finds it Oh So Funny when Daddy "Toots" now. Or anything that sounds like flatulance. She giggles and say's "Daddy TOOOOOOted!" and clasps her hands together and bends over in laughter. Daddy excuses himself and she says "Excuse Me" too.

She still has no favorite meal. She likes all fruit. Yogurt. Not a big pasta fan. Likes homemade spaggetti. Not the Spaggetti-O stuff. Her veggies have gone out the window, so we supplement her with this juice that has the daily requirement for veggies in it. And the last week and a half has been about meat. Any kind. Just that.

For breakfast, cereal. Hot or cold. Not toast so much. Not a lot of bread really. Although loves cookies, cake anything like that of course! Rips sandwiches apart. Leaves the cheese and bread. We're on 1% milk now too. Oh, and tomato soup. Maybe that's her favorite. Lunch or dinner, or both! And those curs-ed hotdogs.

She had her first REAL conversation with Uncle Clint on Sunday. She was even sitting on the couch with her knee up, swaying it back and forth as she listened to him. Replying "No.....yup...no..." and she'd say what she did that day, singing to him, and when we went to take the phone away, she jerked it back and declared "NO Mommy!....Talking!" And when she went to say Goodbye, she took the phone away and looked for the Off button! That was funny!

We got the movie "Cars" so it's the new favorite. She LOVES Mater in it. Her favorite line out of the movie is when Lightening McQueen poses for his pictures and says "CaCHOW!"

I think that's it for now. I made her her first dental appointment today for April. Hopefully those bad molars will be in by the time she goes. They even get a photo of them before they leave! And get to dress up like a Princess! Oh My! What a Lucky little Lady!

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

HA! I know sometimes it seems like Mark and I aren't related at all (because he's a neat freak and I'm a total slob!), but then you sit down to dinner with us, and we both cut our spaghetti and never share our food!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home