Been busy at the Chiropractor's office...
Hi!
Sorry, I've been gone again, without any new posts. But I've been hurting!
You see, it all started a few weeks ago when Tegan was going squirrly with something wrong with her mouth. Crying night and day, the whole 9 yards. I had to carry her around, rock her, console her, but mostly "pick me up Mommy!" And stupidly I did.
This went on for a week. This just happens to be the week Mark is renovating their office. Now he was complaining one night at dinner how much work it was and I'm thinking in my mind as he's talking...wha wha wha. The next day I went there to meet him...HOLY CRAP! The office was boxed up like they were moving, tradesmen were there working away, painting was being done, the tile floor, carpeting, a new kitchenette, plumbing, new offices, old ones being emptied, scads and scads of paper shredding to be done! I had a new sense of "how much work" he was talking about.
So Mark's working all day, come home for dinner just to run back to the office to stay until 9 or 10. Now my back is killing me right, so I just keep the heat pad on it and dose off to sleep. Now come Saturday, the day Mark and Tegan are to go swimming, he's trying to figure out how he can manage it all with having to go into the office and all. SO, I tell him I'll take her this time and he doesn't have to rush around. No problem.
And with my irritated back, we go swimming. It was nice, but it's better if she has one teacher I think. Meaning, Mark. She's too busy showing off for me and not listening as well. A half hour later, our lesson is over and we hit the showers. But just before we leave the building, I do up Tegan's coat and I lean over to hang onto her hand, because she WILL bolt! I take the left arm and wing the heavy, towel soaked bag over my shoulder. SNAP! That's when it feels like my spine separated from my back! My legs went wonky, like I was going to go down! I didn't though. And better yet, I didn't crap my pants! Although this story is really before that one!
Anyway, I could barely get her into the truck after walking her down a steep, icy hill. This is when you curse your Yukon 4x4. It's so tall and her seat looks suddenly high and unattainable! With all I had, I mustered up a deep breath and got her in. I'm thinking, "please don't fight me kid! Let's make it easy on both of us if you co-operate!" Like that works with a toddler!
I called Mark to come home, as I wasn't going to lift her after I got her out at home. He sortive seemed distant, like he was thinking I was faking it or something! I'm rarely ever sick, like puky sick. Colds all the time, but never ill. So it really was hard to believe. Oh, and I usually have a weak neck, like a stack of dimes I say. Always walking around like I need a V8! Head tilted to one side for a week!
It was over a week old the injury when finally I got the name and number of a Dr. here around the corner that my friend Jayne goes to. They took me in right away. I did name drop, because this woman knows everyone and is an amazing person. So OF COURSE they took me in! The Dr. happens to be a family friend too, so it also helped...
I've happily been 3 times now to see him and I feel amazing. My back hurt up until yesterday. I go again on Monday. But here's the kicker....today Mark goes into the shower, and comes out with a kink in his neck! I think the first in his life! Now he knows how I feel half the time! He's asked me to rub it, so I said "sure! I'll rub it like to you rub me." And I barely touched his neck and gave up in 3 seconds and he looked at me and we laughed! Then he hurt it again laughing.
So I've been so chatty about this fantastic Chriropractor telling Mark he should go. For this or that. How he sleeps, his foot or thumb injury. So now he's going to go. I'm happy for him, because he's really going to love it! And his neck will be back in a jiffy.
As a result of my visits to the Dr., we came to the conclusion that I need to sleep on my left side more. I told Mark we had to switch sides in the bed. So we did. And 3 days later he has the kink I usually have. I told Mark "It must be something to do with THAT side of the bed!" ... so he's demanding his side back. :(
Sorry, I've been gone again, without any new posts. But I've been hurting!
You see, it all started a few weeks ago when Tegan was going squirrly with something wrong with her mouth. Crying night and day, the whole 9 yards. I had to carry her around, rock her, console her, but mostly "pick me up Mommy!" And stupidly I did.
This went on for a week. This just happens to be the week Mark is renovating their office. Now he was complaining one night at dinner how much work it was and I'm thinking in my mind as he's talking...wha wha wha. The next day I went there to meet him...HOLY CRAP! The office was boxed up like they were moving, tradesmen were there working away, painting was being done, the tile floor, carpeting, a new kitchenette, plumbing, new offices, old ones being emptied, scads and scads of paper shredding to be done! I had a new sense of "how much work" he was talking about.
So Mark's working all day, come home for dinner just to run back to the office to stay until 9 or 10. Now my back is killing me right, so I just keep the heat pad on it and dose off to sleep. Now come Saturday, the day Mark and Tegan are to go swimming, he's trying to figure out how he can manage it all with having to go into the office and all. SO, I tell him I'll take her this time and he doesn't have to rush around. No problem.
And with my irritated back, we go swimming. It was nice, but it's better if she has one teacher I think. Meaning, Mark. She's too busy showing off for me and not listening as well. A half hour later, our lesson is over and we hit the showers. But just before we leave the building, I do up Tegan's coat and I lean over to hang onto her hand, because she WILL bolt! I take the left arm and wing the heavy, towel soaked bag over my shoulder. SNAP! That's when it feels like my spine separated from my back! My legs went wonky, like I was going to go down! I didn't though. And better yet, I didn't crap my pants! Although this story is really before that one!
Anyway, I could barely get her into the truck after walking her down a steep, icy hill. This is when you curse your Yukon 4x4. It's so tall and her seat looks suddenly high and unattainable! With all I had, I mustered up a deep breath and got her in. I'm thinking, "please don't fight me kid! Let's make it easy on both of us if you co-operate!" Like that works with a toddler!
I called Mark to come home, as I wasn't going to lift her after I got her out at home. He sortive seemed distant, like he was thinking I was faking it or something! I'm rarely ever sick, like puky sick. Colds all the time, but never ill. So it really was hard to believe. Oh, and I usually have a weak neck, like a stack of dimes I say. Always walking around like I need a V8! Head tilted to one side for a week!
It was over a week old the injury when finally I got the name and number of a Dr. here around the corner that my friend Jayne goes to. They took me in right away. I did name drop, because this woman knows everyone and is an amazing person. So OF COURSE they took me in! The Dr. happens to be a family friend too, so it also helped...
I've happily been 3 times now to see him and I feel amazing. My back hurt up until yesterday. I go again on Monday. But here's the kicker....today Mark goes into the shower, and comes out with a kink in his neck! I think the first in his life! Now he knows how I feel half the time! He's asked me to rub it, so I said "sure! I'll rub it like to you rub me." And I barely touched his neck and gave up in 3 seconds and he looked at me and we laughed! Then he hurt it again laughing.
So I've been so chatty about this fantastic Chriropractor telling Mark he should go. For this or that. How he sleeps, his foot or thumb injury. So now he's going to go. I'm happy for him, because he's really going to love it! And his neck will be back in a jiffy.
As a result of my visits to the Dr., we came to the conclusion that I need to sleep on my left side more. I told Mark we had to switch sides in the bed. So we did. And 3 days later he has the kink I usually have. I told Mark "It must be something to do with THAT side of the bed!" ... so he's demanding his side back. :(

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home