Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Rhonda's 50th Birthday Surprise Party!


This is Rhonda in her early twenties. This is the photo used on her Invitation and edible image on her cake. Not to mention the funny quotations that we put beside her head of what she may have been thinking at the time of that photo, placed on the tables!
I have to be careful at what I say in my blog because it can come and bite me in the ass, like a mesquito when I'm not looking!



You see, as Tegan's Birthday/Christmas get-to-gether party, oh and Christmas is in full swing, my Dad has asked me to help him with Rhonda's 50th Surprise Birthday party! I said "Dad, I've already got a lot on my plate, so OF COURSE I'll do it!"



I had to be careful what I said on my blog, in case Rhonda read it and the plan was spoiled.



It was a month before the party we had to get busy. Booking the Legion. And the hardest part, trying to get a photo, so I could make her invitations! And yes, this means they come from the States, which I have to co-ordinate with my sister-in-law to co-ordinate with a hockey game, which means co-ordinating THAT with my procrastinating husband!


Long story short, we got them and they went out within 24 hours. Meanwhile, we'd already called most of the guests anyway, but told them the invitation would be coming. They got mailed out, just in time for the Christmas holiday and New Year's statuatory holidays. If you can remember Miss.Piggy's voice sounding upset, that was me!

AHHHHH!


Trying to "talk" to dad without Rhonda being around is tough too. He doesn't leave his cell phone on, it's dead or he forgot it in his truck! So I try asking him Yes - No questions to figure out our next plan of attack.

C: So did you get your invitations out?
D: yep. Mostly.
C: You've booked the D.J?
D: yep.
C: Does she know theres a party?
D: Yes, a little.
C: Do you want me to order the cake and bring it?
D: Good.
C: You want me to invite anyone from down here?
D: Yes.

On and on.

Between Rhonda's daughter Karen, Clint and I, we had many, many communication backfires!

Karen: Have you talked to your dad today?
Connie: Yeah why?
K: Well, he said he'd call and he hasn't his phone is off, what did he say to you?
C: That you were helping him at 1 o'clock to decorate the Legion.
K: He didn't tell me that? Okay, so I'll be there at 1.

Clint calls Connie. Same hour:

Cl: What time are you coming up tomorrow?
Co: We won't be there until 3 or 4.
Cl: Well come by, I should be back by then from decorating the Legion. We're meeting there at 3.
Co: Dad told me 1. That's when Karen's going.
Cl: Dad just told me 3 o'clock 20 minutes ago.

And that's how it went. I'm glad I wasn't there. And when we did, the place looked really nice. I had to hand it to them all.

Snacks on all the tables. D.J was playing music and it was loud too. Not elevator music. Music for all ages. From rock n roll to disco, country to dance.

And I'm so mad at myself. Not only did I forget the camera in Oakville, and we made the 20 minute turn around, I forgot it in Port Carling again, a 20 minute turn around. But we were late for the big entrance for the surprise and we couldn't miss that. So I'll have is Hangover photo's. Mark only! Lucky for me, I was holding the camera.


Tegan enjoyed her slumber party with Carson again. He's in the "mine" stage and hitting too. Tegan's slowly not hitting so much, even though she belted Aunt Suzie with a hard cover book Friday night! The 4 months apart does make a big difference!


Here's Tegan going for a Ski-Doo ride with Uncle Clint before the party. And as kids are, they don't want to go on it, so you plop them on it. Then when it's time to get off, they don't want to get off! Or is that a typical woman??


1 Comments:

Blogger alissa said...

You take too long between updates!!!! (Jeff would KILL me if I posted that picture of him!!!)

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home