Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Tegan's 2 ! And she'll tell you that too!


If your wondering my dear fans, where the heck I've been, well, I've been shopping and organizing for a Birthday slash/ Christmas party. On the SAME day.

Yup. Same day. My eyes are crossed as I say this because who in their right mind, would do that? Just the insane right? Well that's how I felt lately.

I sent out an evite for the Christmas party. Those things don't work worth a damn. Only 7 people replied out of 15, that's a worse ratio than my Potty training! Then some got sent to spam and some called with hurt feeling that they thought they were "outed", but no. So after returning many phone calls, shopping for Christmas, baking, grocery shopping, washing all the bedding for the sleepover company, ordering the cake, picking it up downtown Toronto, I think I was on my way to a party. Did I mention I was babysitting another toddler this weekend too?

We had Bruno's burger's, wedge french fries and a cold macaroni salad for dinner. And of course the Dufflet (www.dufflet.com)
lemon cake masked with a white buttercream icing. Mmm..which I'm not supposed to eat, by the way, but I did. It was just the 6 of us. Minus Clint who had his work Christmas party. Tegan pouted when she heard he wasn't coming too.

Carson is Tegan's friend from Port Carling, who's parents were in a wedding in Milton and I offered to babysit and have them stay here since it would be silly for them to drive all the way home after the wedding. It just made sense for them to stay.

Carson was under the weather, hence, why I think Tegan and I are down and out with a runny nose today ourselves. Anyway, they totally entertained themselves. Both little darling's went to bed without a peep. NEVER is it like that. First we put Carson down, he's younger (4 months), so he goes to bed before Tegan! A whole 1/2 hour. My parents did that to Clint and me. I thought it was because they liked him more, and it was a bogus lie. But now I realize it's so the other one can fall asleep and they older one goes later, and won't wake them as they fall asleep. What a good idea Einstein!

Tegan did so well whispering "Carson sleeping" and stayed quiet. So respectful. I'm going to have to tell her all week that he's sleeping in there! See how long that works! Although she did ask for him today.

Then after the dinner clean up, I got changed and the guests started showing up for the PAR-TAY. The children lay sleeping in there beds as us adults (some of us, acting like children...me included) were downstairs enjoying the social gathering and drinks.

People came at different times all night it seemed, so it was never really busy at one time. Which is better for the hosts because you get to visit with everyone!

I poured myself into bed at 2 a.m. Mark stayed up with...who else...Brucie and came to bed at 5:30a.m. I swear our house stank of stale alcohol that breathed out of most of us the next mornin'. Mark, Tegan and I went for a walk Sunday to clear our heads, and hey, the kid's screaming isn't as loud outside! She was tired too but happy.

The house looks as if a bomb went off. I did 7 loads of laundry today. Mark and I must have a lot of underwear, because how on earth could we have gone 2 weeks without doing any laundry? Tegan's was done of course every 3 days. She's out of clothes literally. We're in a pajama perdicament. I even put them back on for another night. Sometimes 3 if they're not too stretched out of shape. The size 24 months stuff is way to small and I'm holding out for Christmas to see what she gets...poor kid. She'll have a cold belly, wrists and ankles for another 8 days! But who's counting eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home