Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Santa Claus came to town!



We've been busy singing Christmas Songs and getting Tegan into the Christmas hype. She's starting to forget about Halloween, but has also acquired this philosophy that "candy" should be for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and snacks or for whenever you want to "wet your whistle."

That said, she would like chocolate for Christmas. Forget the toys, and forget movies. Just candy and chocolate!

Saturday morning, we had to be up Bright and Early. Which is hard for us Taylor's since Tegan gets up at 7:30 a.m, and we usually don't roll out of bed until 8. Get ready first, then have breakfast.

Today though, the parade started at 9!! Parking is a shambles apparently, according to Mark in Oakville. You'd think we were parking downtown Terranna (Toronto that is). So he thought it was a genius idea to call one of his superintendent's at Queen Mary and have a Visitor's spot reserved for us.

Being a cranky, crank pot before 11 a.m on a good day, I thought this was a stupid idea and vocaled it. To no avail. So we walked, and walked. I don't know why I was so ticked off, probably because I don't like the cold very much. And it was COLD! So it was a 2 minute walk. A nice brisk walk first thing in the morning.....bah Humbug!

Tegan was decked out in full winter paraphanalia. I was even going to wear my leggings, but thought how "redneck" and jeuvenille I would look. So I didn't. Instead I got tired of standing, (and we didn't bring a chair, we don't have a fold up type, nor would I have wanted to carry it 10 bloody blocks!) so I sat on a caroling magazine that was handed out by a party person in the parade. "Good!" I thought. "Something to sit on!" How desperate are we when we think a 16th inch thick, I mean thin piece of paper will keep the heat in on my ass? It's bad enough my ass bones don't puncture my skin when I sit, how on earth did I think it would keep me warm?? And it wasn't like it was soft! Hemorroids, Here I Come!


Tegan had fun. She was warm and the candy just kept-a-cummin! She soon realized that the slower you ate the candy, the slower you got another...so she sped that process right up! Chomp chomp chomp Done! NEXT!!

We went to the Oakville Place Mall today and we visited Santa there. Tegan played shy, and of course, did NOT want to go near him. But he came over to see her and she hid. Then he did the magic trick....gave her a candy cane! Her eyes lit up and she said Thank You. He asked for a hug and she was going to then changed her mind. So Santa hugged me and she melted into me to get away but couldn't.

We ran around the mall a couple times. Looking down at Santa from above. Calling his name. Listening to him jingle his bells for the other kids. Watching him and other children having the snap shots done in Holiday Spirit. She too was getting excited. You could tell. She even mimicks Santa's "HO HO HO".

As we drove home with our new Einstein Christmas CD compolation, Tegan sang and bounced her feet to the beat. Looking out the window.

I called Mark on his cell and told him about Advent that was happening at church. It will be on Sunday the 3rd at 5:30p.m. Potluck dinner, with a wreath craft, cost is $1.00 a person! And the story of Christmas for the kids in a candle lite Sanctuary. That'll knock Miss.CandyCane into next week, being in a Dark room that she'll say is "Scary" and "Dawk". Give her the real meaning of Christmas.

So he says,
M: I'll have to think about it, but I really don't want to go."
C: Why? It's a Family Event, and it would be nice for you to be there. Just come, eat and look pretty! And besides, Tegan will have bragging rights over her friends...she'll be able to say, "Yeah, well my Dad's stronger than your dad!" And, "atleast MY Dad showed up"
Long Pause...
M: Yeah, I guess I could go.

Is it easier to do it this way, or should I just figure 4 him? LOL! NO.
The Minister said, actually, Jesus said: in order to get others to listen or join with Christ, you need to do it gently and with respect... So no forcing.

Darn. I was looking for a little 4play... :( Something that might spark the O'l Boy back to life!! Ka thunk Ka thunk Ka thunk! We've got a heartbeat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home