Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Remember These?


So I was down in the basement storage room, looking for a heater for Mark and came across my Mom's toy collection.

Back in the day, when I used to work, at McDonalds, (for nearly 5 years), my mother always asked me to bring home the latest collection of toys for her collection! She wanted to have some toys around, that if by chance, some kids would be over, she had something to offer them.

And indeed it worked. I brought out this ancient, hard plastic oxygen tank suitcase, that held her toys, and opened it up for Tegan to see.
Her little eyes went wide and was excited 'cause there were SO many. At first, she couldn't concentrate on which ones to play with. So I pulled them all out, dusted them off, and showed her how to play with them.



She had fun, naming them all. Putting the characters into each riding apparatus they came with, and switching them. It kept her very busy for a long time, but we try not to let her have it very often. Special occasions. Because, going to Grandma's would've been the same. You only got to play with it at her house.

I must say, it brought me full circle that Saturday, opening the case and playing alone with Tegan. I wished my mom had been there to see her face and to be able to play with her. And to laugh at her expressions. But I know she was there in spirit, probably sitting on the couch. One foot nestled underneath her, with a tea on the end table and dipping her chocolate chip cookies in it. Laughing that gutsy laugh of hers. But no cigarette lit, 'cause I wouldn't have that in our house! Sorry Ma!

Anyway, it brought me full circle to think that a long long time ago, (I'm almost 30! Give it to me!)....back to what I was saying....a long time ago, I was working for McDonalds, annoyed sometimes to have to stop what I was doing to go get my money and pay for a happy meal to get a toy for my mother. When in the long run, it ended up being for her grandchildren, my daughter. And if Clint should have some offspring down the road, I'll be happy to pass them along. Who would've thought that 15 years ago, I'd be playing with them again! But I couldn't figure out why I had to California Raison's. Anyone know?? Was there a movie they were in? Let me know if you remember!

1 Comments:

Blogger alissa said...

That was such a nice story...

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home