Trick or Treat or "wick a weet"

So Halloween day was one of those days, that as soon as you open your eyes, you know it's a busy day. Why is that? You don't have to make dinner, hurry and get dressed to go out until 10 hours from now.
Tegan went to daycare, without a costume. I was thinking of putting her in her Buffalo Sabres jersey, black pants, red socks and black shoes, but decided the jersey may be too hot. They keep it very toasty in that daycare over there, I think so the germs can multiply by the hour! But the other kids had some sort of costume on and I felt bad, but she didn't seem to mind. I'll be sure, NOT to do that next year!
I came home to finish carving Mark's pumpkin that he was too tired to finish the night before. He's the best at scraping the inerds out of the pumpkin though. The Best! Then I had to find the candles to put in the pumpkins, finish decorating the front door with black spiders. Go buy more candy and some canned goods for the food drives.
Ultimately though, my day was consumed with making a wedding album for Marnie and Jason. The couple who had the Halloween Wedding on Saturday. Too cool and so fun. Or should I say funny!
So by the time I downloaded the photo's, edited and cropped them, designed them in the book. Created the look of the book, added scriptures and text, ordering extra photo's....I was done. Just in time to pick Tegan back up at 3:30p.m.
Tegan's teacher was a witch and they decorated their toddler room with fun Halloween stuff. All Tegan could say was "Ween" all day (for Halloween). The teacher (Heather) said they sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and she gave Tegan the spider (which she is facinated by) she used her hands and arms to "walk" the spider up and then she Threw the spider down and screamed at it, proceeded to step on it and declare DEAD! Clearly Mommy doesn't like spiders!
She scored some good candy, after eating chocolate cake and chips at school. Came home, we watched Rudolph (the original), and waited for Daddy to come home from up north. I made pancakes for dinner, and the trick or treater's started to come. It was 5:30p.m! Then I got hasty and felt we had to rush. Mark came home and the rushiness wore off on him too. I was trying to get a Motorcycle costume together for myself, and he was going as a Property Manager a.k.a himself! What a shocker eh? And Tegan was a lion. Very cute one too. See...

We left a bowl of candy outside with a note to help themselves and we were off. We went and visited our neighbors, then our friends. No family here to visit! Atleast none that close. We couldn't believe just how fast Tegan understood the game.
1. Walk up to the door
2. Knock on door
3. Smile, say "wick a weet"
4. Take what you want (2 to 3!!) place them carefully in the bag
5. Say "Tank"
6. Say "BuBye"
7. Get into Mommy's truck and do it again!
Her costume didn't hinder her at all. She loved it. In the car she would roar like a lion. Sometimes she got scared walking up the driveways. But she got a whole bag of goodies, and couldn't wait to get home to eat'm.
We let her have a sucker, which she didn't finish. She was too exhausted. But she kept saying "Ween". And we saw lots of "pumpkets".

Tegan laughed at my bosomy costume. Even pointed and laughed. That's how obvious it is! I got a lot of attention from the Daddy's in the neighborhoods. Especially Bubby's friend Marilyn and her husband! He's European and wanted us to stay and have schnapps!! I said "no, that I have to put the 'girls' to bed!"

1 Comments:
It's about f'in time!!!! I'm so excited you're doing this!!! You're a great story teller and I'm looking so forward to reading your blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home