Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Do as I say, NOT as I do!

Monday night dinner was to be the same as any other night. Mommy fixing the same'ol dinner's as I do everyweek. Nothing new. Boring. Tons of recipe books but no energy to go to the store, buy the ingredients and whip it together. Unhun...right.

So we had chicken kiev's (store bought), chicken rice (Uncle Ben's) and corn (in a can). It couldn't be anymore the same taste throughout. Made me nauseous by the end of my meal.

Mark on the other hand, chewed and went on and on about how sweet and crisp the corn was. He thought it was right off the cob! To me it looked like a bad can of corn, with some kernels turning brown! But if Mark is not actually complaining, I'm not going to get him started!

Tegan seemed to be enjoying her meal too. Although, perhaps, maybe not as hungry as we'd liked her to be. So eventually we started playing a game of how "big" a bite of corn she could take and keep it in without spitting it out OR choking. She was laughing and eating and we were too.

Except, I stopped, because I wasn't feeling so hot from the bland variety. Or the garlic in the kiev's. Something.
So I kept saying to Tegan:

M: Eat your dinner.
T: (starring at me, giving me her Whatever! eyes.)

Mark too was telling her to eat her dinner and on and on.

Finally she looks at me and points vehemently at my plate,
T: EAT UP!!

And there it was. Food on my plate I wasn't going to eat!

Mark and I laughed. I guess I better put on my plate what I'm going to eat, and not put too much on so I don't have to go back and get more later...'cause I'm lazy like that doncha know.

So now it's Say as I do, not as I say. I think I have to write that down a 100 times on a chalkboard or something....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home