Christmas Eve at the Taylor's...
Well, it ceases to amaze me that no matter how much I try to keep organized and on top of things, I fail miserably.
You see, this is my problem: Tegan's birthday, 9 days later...Christmas. Which means, planning a party or two, planning major dinner's, having company, washing the bedding twice, shopping for more food, unwrapping many many gifts and loosing track of who sent them. Shopping for Christmas gifts, stressing if it'll make it in the shipping in time, recieving phone calls that the number for dinner keeps rising, baking, sending out Christmas Cards, and finally, an imprompt due - picking Maggie up at the airport - with a hungry toddler in the back, and her luggage was lost! Sheesh. And they wonder why I'm cranky!
Gifts trickled in before, during and after Tegan's birthday. Also before, during and after Christmas for all of us! By this point, I've talked with a girlfriend of mine that said, "Don't worry about sending out Thank You cards, if they know you well enough to have sent you a gift, then you shouldn't have to send them a Thank You card." Good Point. But I still feel guilty. In fact, my Mother in Law and Sister in Law, both send out Thank You cards for their Christmas gifts! Maybe that's why I feel SO guilty!
Anyway, Christmas was fun overall.
Christmas Eve:
Clint came down and was here for a week in total. But he was here the earliest. Then Marguerite, Mark's 1/2 sister from Florida came home (really meaning Buffalo, but close enough!) for the holidays for the first time in a long time. Also, Jane came home too as always. And Suzanne was here too. Her univitation to her brother's, (don't ask!) opened her weekend up for us drastically and instead of seeing her for a few hours, we got her for a few days! A nice change.

We ALL went to church at the 7 p.m service. There was a small children's nativity scene.The lady on stage sat on a chair and it broke and she fell flat on her *ss! It was funny but she handled it well! Red faced and all!
Tegan ended up sitting with Adele, who looks after her on Thursdays while I'm at Mums N More with the church. There was also one of her friends at that end that she was playing with. So she was really good for church! No Mississippi Amen's! AAAAAAAAAmen!
We came home and started watching National Lampoon Vacation. A classic! Tegan stayed up till after 9 dancing and eating and getting pumped for Santa to come! After all those threats of him "not coming if you don't...or if you do...." he's still coming!
Tegan went to bed, and Suzie and Maggie went 'old school' and kicked back with the Muppet's Christmas CD. Mark, Clint and I had drinks, and I finally got Mark to finish all his Santa Helper chores by 1 a.m. That's when I went to bed! The tension thickening in my neck!
Atleast I wasn't going to bed by myself and mad as hell at Mark for staying up and pulling off an ALL NIGHTER with his buddy Brucie. I told them both loud and clear that Brucie could come by before Christmas and they could celebrate, but for the first time in 4 years, I'm going to get Mark all to myself. Forgetting that Clint & Suzie would be there! Doesn't matter in the long run. It still took Mark till 1 a.m to get the Santa Helper chores done. But atleast there was no fighting. AND he wasn't hung over and useless on Christmas Day. Well, atleast if he's useless, he's sober useless! There's a big difference!
You see, this is my problem: Tegan's birthday, 9 days later...Christmas. Which means, planning a party or two, planning major dinner's, having company, washing the bedding twice, shopping for more food, unwrapping many many gifts and loosing track of who sent them. Shopping for Christmas gifts, stressing if it'll make it in the shipping in time, recieving phone calls that the number for dinner keeps rising, baking, sending out Christmas Cards, and finally, an imprompt due - picking Maggie up at the airport - with a hungry toddler in the back, and her luggage was lost! Sheesh. And they wonder why I'm cranky!
Gifts trickled in before, during and after Tegan's birthday. Also before, during and after Christmas for all of us! By this point, I've talked with a girlfriend of mine that said, "Don't worry about sending out Thank You cards, if they know you well enough to have sent you a gift, then you shouldn't have to send them a Thank You card." Good Point. But I still feel guilty. In fact, my Mother in Law and Sister in Law, both send out Thank You cards for their Christmas gifts! Maybe that's why I feel SO guilty!
Anyway, Christmas was fun overall.
Christmas Eve:
Clint came down and was here for a week in total. But he was here the earliest. Then Marguerite, Mark's 1/2 sister from Florida came home (really meaning Buffalo, but close enough!) for the holidays for the first time in a long time. Also, Jane came home too as always. And Suzanne was here too. Her univitation to her brother's, (don't ask!) opened her weekend up for us drastically and instead of seeing her for a few hours, we got her for a few days! A nice change.

We ALL went to church at the 7 p.m service. There was a small children's nativity scene.The lady on stage sat on a chair and it broke and she fell flat on her *ss! It was funny but she handled it well! Red faced and all!
Tegan ended up sitting with Adele, who looks after her on Thursdays while I'm at Mums N More with the church. There was also one of her friends at that end that she was playing with. So she was really good for church! No Mississippi Amen's! AAAAAAAAAmen!
We came home and started watching National Lampoon Vacation. A classic! Tegan stayed up till after 9 dancing and eating and getting pumped for Santa to come! After all those threats of him "not coming if you don't...or if you do...." he's still coming!
Tegan went to bed, and Suzie and Maggie went 'old school' and kicked back with the Muppet's Christmas CD. Mark, Clint and I had drinks, and I finally got Mark to finish all his Santa Helper chores by 1 a.m. That's when I went to bed! The tension thickening in my neck!
Atleast I wasn't going to bed by myself and mad as hell at Mark for staying up and pulling off an ALL NIGHTER with his buddy Brucie. I told them both loud and clear that Brucie could come by before Christmas and they could celebrate, but for the first time in 4 years, I'm going to get Mark all to myself. Forgetting that Clint & Suzie would be there! Doesn't matter in the long run. It still took Mark till 1 a.m to get the Santa Helper chores done. But atleast there was no fighting. AND he wasn't hung over and useless on Christmas Day. Well, atleast if he's useless, he's sober useless! There's a big difference!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home