Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Swim Lessons 3rd Week:

I know already!! I've gotten some heat for not blogging as quickly and as often as I'd like...hence why I was debating blogging at all.
Sounds crazy, but I'm planning my OWN 30th birthday party...more on that later!

So if you ask Tegan what she does on Saturday's, she'll tell you "swimming!" She'll tell you she goes "unner water!" And also that she will "jump IN." And if you ask When do you go swimming, she'll reply "on Sat-ew-days."





Mark was wound up tight the first time they went swimming at the Centennial Pool in downtown Oakville, because I wouldn't come and take photo's of them. The whole emphasis on him taking her was to give me a break. You know, the half hour shower if I wanted to, paint my nails, go to town on my hair, whatever I wanted....hell, or do nothing!



I didn't go the second week either. But I did go this time. No shower either...only 'cause I was going to race back, and get ready to go up north and see my new little cousin...it'll be my next blog..



Anyway, we both agreed we shouldn't let her see me up in the stands because she would naturally start acting up and showing off. Clearly her father....ha....so what was I saying...yeah, so the lesson is only a half hour long anyway, 20 minutes into it, Daddy told her I was up there.




It's already hard to hear in there with all the noise but louder than a whaling kid at an amusement park, you could hear her:
T: MOMMY LOOOOOK! (over and over and over again!)
She was smiling away and kicking like crazy. Mark says she's pretty clingy to him but the last 10 minutes she loosen's up and has some faith in him.



They've taught her to go Unner Water, Jump off the side (which she steps off). Mark is clearly annoyed by that since the other kids whom of which are mostly boys, Jump off like a canon ball. AND they're almost 3 years old. She can't even jump up and down yet. She'll skip along, bounce on things, but not jump up and down.



Then they teach them to lay like a star:



Kick they're feet:



They were the last ones to get out of the pool. She really enjoys it. And spending the time with her Daddy is special. He loves the way she holds on for dear life and squeels with excitement.


He said that in the shower, he was washing her hair and she turned around to face him, looked up and said "I love you Daddy." And he bent down to kiss her and said "I love you too Tegan."




1 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

HA! I bet Mark won't point you out again after that! I always thought my alone time with Dad was special... hmmm, now I know that Mom was just shuffling us out of the house... :-D Tell Tegarino that's some pretty impressive swimming there. If you hadn't gotten a photo of her "unner wadder," I don't think I would have believed she could do it!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home