Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not every day your Father gets Married...

If you're wondering where I've been again....I've been busy shopping and preparing for a wedding...my father's!

Yes, Friday February 16th, 2007 at 6p.m. was the big day for Dean & Rhonda, at the Fallsview Casino in Niagara Falls. It held a wee little Chapel in the Casino that was beautifully decorated with large, pastel coloured silk flower arrangements, soft lit candles in hurricane lamps and matching decor chairs accented with white silk, cascading along the guests chairs.

There were 3 guests, including me on the Boland side and 6 guests on the Finley side. The bride didn't keep us waiting too long...15 extra minutes that was all! Dad looked handsome in his black suit. His hair was gelled back into a nice tight braid. Compliments of not his groomsmen, but his blushing bride!

Rhonda looked demure in her ivory long sleeve, justpasttheknee wedding dress. The dress had a high soft collar and sequined pearl drops that accented her shoulders. With a sheer bodice that played a game of peek-a-boo, and a thin angelic silk material that gave the illusion of a matching jacket. Her hair was swept up into a loose bun with a bead of pearls that weaved in and out of her bun. Curls fell softly around her neck for a natural look. Her flowers were made by her future daughter-in-law Amy, in pinks and ivory roses, with a touch of stemmed greenery.

The Ceremony was about 15 minutes long. Short and sweet. The Minister was fantastic. Smooth, clear, crisp words left his mouth of the life long commitment to each other. He also added after their vows to each other, 10 tips on keeping a marriage alive and well. One had to do with patience and anger. I couldn't help it and somehow it escaped me, but I gasped a little for breath! MY FATHER have patience and NO anger????!! Everyone looked at me, and chuckles filled the air. Dad rubbed his face and agreed that he "could use a little work" in that area!

I was photographing the entire Celebration for them. From getting ready for the Ceremony, family portraits by the fountain, and to the cutting of the cake. I can post a couple of them here, but we have more surprises for them later, so I have to keep them to a minimal. Sorry! It's part of the confidentiality act! Not that they signed one!

Anyway, we left there and had some nice portraits done upstairs in the main lobby beside a large water fountain. However, I must say, it looks better when your there. After you crop and edit the photo's it looks like a cold mechanical machine instead. But it doesn't matter, WE know what it felt like to be there. And it wasn't cold. It was warm. Definitely warm. Rhonda is classic for closing her eyes in every photo too, but she must have had enough beers before hand, because they stayed open the entire time!

We went back up to the room for more cocktails! We had already had a few before the event. It was really nice.Low key but special. Mark ran for more ice (that was filled in the tub and sink to keep the beer & wine cold!)

Dad & Rhonda opened their gifts. We were saving our gift for after dinner. We had gotten them a cake server and knife with their names engraved on it. In fact, I just LOVE mine and use them at every occasion when there is cake. Why not use it? I don't care if it rusts. I love them! And what is a cake server without cake? That was Mark's job. To organize getting the cake on the table with the cake topper we got. Well...I got. It's of a bride and groom and the groom is on all four's and the bride has a leash around his neck with a hand on her hip!




Mark's friend Jeff Waugh was over and helped me tie Lucy's hair up with an elastic, cut it and glue it onto the back of the freshly painted (black hair with some grey!) groom. Hilarious! I just hope they find it funny!

But Dad & Rhonda not knowing there would be cake later, used their chocolate covered strawberries with whip cream to use as their cake photo's. Dad almost lost a finger!



















We went down to the Grand Buffet and got to our seats. Dad & Rhonda saw the cake, utensils and cake topper and were pleasantly surprised. They DID laugh at the cake topper. My Dad asked if "there was any of a bride on HER hands and knees!"

The cake was another Dufflet's cake. I love their cakes! It was a six inch moist Carrot cake with walnuts, pineapple and coconut, filled and masked with honey-sweet cream cheese icing. Again, an ivory colour. To match the bride's dress and the utensils.

After we went up to their room to get changed and go down and gamble the night away. Except, we were pretty tired. Busy day. Plus I burned through $40 bucks in 10 minutes. Time to go. I'm too cheap to put anymore in! And it wasn't even MY $40 it was Mark's!

And that my dear reader's is the end of the fairy tale story.

No one stood up to contest their marriage. She didn't run away, he didn't change his mind. She wasn't Bridezilla, he wasn't short tempered...if you can believe THAT! It was perfect.



And they lived Happily Ever After...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home