Last Night's Conversation...
I'm not even pre-menstral, I don't even know where it came from! In a sad mood I guess. The crying! I never cry! Hardly ever! Twice in one week, what's wrong with me??!!
Anyways, I'm tucking Tegan into bed and she keeps hugging me over and over. "Again! Again!" she'll say. You end up smiling and having fun doing it, until the moment your back says "Hello! Your killin' me down here!" The big girl bed has been ordered by the way...
We hadn't prayed in awhile, so I decided it was a good night for it. I told Tegan to close her eyes while I prayed. We were praying particularly for Judy N. who is battling it out with cancer. She's fighting so hard! But it knocks the wind right out of her. She's the lady that set Mark and I up. And she lives right around the corner. She's home from the hospital with an oxygen tank, as far as I know, she's still at home. So terribly sad...
When we finish praying, Tegan says to me:
Tegan: Judy's sick?
Me: Yes she is. She's VERY sick... she's dying honey...Mommy's very sad.
T: She's dying?
M: Yes
T: You sad Mommy?
M: Yes (with a tear on my cheek).
Then she grabs my arm to start fooling around and it hurt a bit, so I said
M: Don't hurt Mommy! You only get one Mommy.
T: Only one?
M: Yes.....and I don't have a Mommy anymore...she died.
T: She died?
M: Yes. That's why you should treat your mom nicely. Because you never know how long they'll be around. (with a tear rolling down my cheek.) You only get one.
All this time, Tegan's face has been scrunched up and consoling. Her voice trailing from low to high. i.e. she DIED? She was holding my arm and patting my hand. Eyebrows crossed and worried.
So she says,
T: You wanna another one?
M: (chuckle, smile) No. I only wanted that one.
T: It's okay Mommy.....you crying?
M: Yes.
.....3 second delay...
T: Mommy, turn on the light! I wanna see your tear!
M: (chuckle) I'm not going to turn on the light so you can see me cry! Gimme your finger, you can feel it on my face...see?
T: Your crying!
M: Yes dear.
T: Don't cry honey. It's okay honey. (pat, pat, pat)
(Honey is her new word of the week. She adds it to everything! I LOVE it!)
Anyways, I'm tucking Tegan into bed and she keeps hugging me over and over. "Again! Again!" she'll say. You end up smiling and having fun doing it, until the moment your back says "Hello! Your killin' me down here!" The big girl bed has been ordered by the way...
We hadn't prayed in awhile, so I decided it was a good night for it. I told Tegan to close her eyes while I prayed. We were praying particularly for Judy N. who is battling it out with cancer. She's fighting so hard! But it knocks the wind right out of her. She's the lady that set Mark and I up. And she lives right around the corner. She's home from the hospital with an oxygen tank, as far as I know, she's still at home. So terribly sad...
When we finish praying, Tegan says to me:
Tegan: Judy's sick?
Me: Yes she is. She's VERY sick... she's dying honey...Mommy's very sad.
T: She's dying?
M: Yes
T: You sad Mommy?
M: Yes (with a tear on my cheek).
Then she grabs my arm to start fooling around and it hurt a bit, so I said
M: Don't hurt Mommy! You only get one Mommy.
T: Only one?
M: Yes.....and I don't have a Mommy anymore...she died.
T: She died?
M: Yes. That's why you should treat your mom nicely. Because you never know how long they'll be around. (with a tear rolling down my cheek.) You only get one.
All this time, Tegan's face has been scrunched up and consoling. Her voice trailing from low to high. i.e. she DIED? She was holding my arm and patting my hand. Eyebrows crossed and worried.
So she says,
T: You wanna another one?
M: (chuckle, smile) No. I only wanted that one.
T: It's okay Mommy.....you crying?
M: Yes.
.....3 second delay...
T: Mommy, turn on the light! I wanna see your tear!
M: (chuckle) I'm not going to turn on the light so you can see me cry! Gimme your finger, you can feel it on my face...see?
T: Your crying!
M: Yes dear.
T: Don't cry honey. It's okay honey. (pat, pat, pat)
(Honey is her new word of the week. She adds it to everything! I LOVE it!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home