What to do for Father's Day?
So I have been complaining. And I think I have every right to. But I've been out hunting and looking and KNOW what I want to get Mark for Father's Day.
EVEN though, he got me NOTHING, and I'm mean NOTHING for Mother's Day. Not a card. Not flowers. Just an "I love you, Happy Mother's Day, sorry I'm going up to the cottage today and can't be with you two today" speel.
And even after I reminded him to get his OWN Mother flowers, he did not order me any. And even after I called his mother in Florida and wished HER a Happy Mother's Day, she retorted with "I'm not your Mother." So my feelings were hurt there too. But who cares. I'm just saying. It was a rotten day. And what about MY Mother? It's a sad day. I wish I could have had lunch with her and chatted about this and that. Instead of yelling at my daughter for this, that and the OTHER!
Now, I told Tegan in "confidence" what we were going to get Daddy for Father's Day. A new bicycle. So they could go out together. Y'see, I already got the child carrier at a yard sale (brand new!) and just need a bike from this century to put it on!
I tell him that night. "I already know what I'm getting you for Father's Day and I'm sure your going to love it!" And Tegan gasps for air to breath and blurts out "Yeah a BICYCLE! I go in my chair! And Mommy, YOU stay HERE!"
He laughed and thought it was a great idea. So I've been looking. Nothing spectacular, because he's not passionate about bikes at all. So your basic bike it is. For the amount he's ACTUALLY going to use it! Who are we kidding?
So let's hear your comments about my floppy Mother's Day. I've told him 3 different times now how awful it was. And he STILL doesn't buy me flowers! But girls, really. Even if I bought the flowers, I'd still bitch about it. And if he DID buy me flowers, it would be "because I made a big deal" so there's no real making up for it now is there?

2 Comments:
I also got jack shit for Mother's Day.
Alas, guess what Big Daddy Jeffy is gettin' for Father's Day?
Hey Connie. Apparently Mark needs some coaching :) For my mom, Kim & I made brunch for her and then we went and bought all the flowers for her front garden and planted them. How many points is that worth ???? I think the bike is a great idea. When he says he doesn't have time. Tell him to make time. See you Friday
CHEERS !!!
Post a Comment
<< Home