Let's Go Buff-a-lo!!
Okay, so I'm sure ALL of you are consumed with NHL playoffs right? Right. That's what I thought. Yes, you are blessed.
Except for Suzie and me. Well, Suzie (my sister-in-law) is an all time hockey nut as my husband is...well, they did LIVE together. IN Buffalo. Anyway, I just sort of INherited the hobby.
But not tonight. My husband is super superstitious! I was laying on the couch, 'cause I'm sick. And had Lucy on the couch too, which is usually a No-No. And 9 seconds into the 1st period, BANG! Just what we needed, a GOAL! You see, our Round 2 Playoffs, have been a bit shitty. This round against the Ottawa Senators we've won zero games and you need to win 4 our of 7. Which means, THEY have 3 wins going INTO tonight's game.
All of the fans on t.v in Ottawa had brooms. Signaling a "Sweep" was going to happen tonight. But I'm guessing, there are a lot of brooms in garbage cans tonight all around the Capital.
So we get the first goal and then what. Well, we get 3! Then I get a phone call from my friend Kendra, who I'm babysitting her little guy this weekend. I get off the couch and go to the bedroom to talk. She's a quiet talker. Mark is always arguing with the Ref. Like he can HEAR him!
In the 10 minutes I'm on the phone. The Sens score 2 goals. Mark is livid with me. Adamant that I get off the phone. It's bad luck. Yatta yatta. So I go back to the couch and he's still mad. So I had to get off the phone and call her back during intermission. Geez.
Third period is about to start. Mark can't handle it anymore. He says he's going to go for a walk. Doesn't want to see the loss and how its all going to end. I tell him "No. Stick it out. And don't be so negative!" He was petting Lucy on the head so Hard, it reminded me of that book "Of Mice and Men", when Lenny killed the mouse! Ha! Poor Lucy!
If I got up to get a drink. I got scolded. If I got up for a snack I got 20 questions AND the third degree. Sounds fun I know!
Okay, so we win. Game over. So Exciting. Mark dashes out the door to go celebrate with his buddies and I left feeling used and abused. I don't think I've EVER felt like that before!
If you BELIEVE click on it! You'll need speakers!
Except for Suzie and me. Well, Suzie (my sister-in-law) is an all time hockey nut as my husband is...well, they did LIVE together. IN Buffalo. Anyway, I just sort of INherited the hobby.
But not tonight. My husband is super superstitious! I was laying on the couch, 'cause I'm sick. And had Lucy on the couch too, which is usually a No-No. And 9 seconds into the 1st period, BANG! Just what we needed, a GOAL! You see, our Round 2 Playoffs, have been a bit shitty. This round against the Ottawa Senators we've won zero games and you need to win 4 our of 7. Which means, THEY have 3 wins going INTO tonight's game.
All of the fans on t.v in Ottawa had brooms. Signaling a "Sweep" was going to happen tonight. But I'm guessing, there are a lot of brooms in garbage cans tonight all around the Capital.
So we get the first goal and then what. Well, we get 3! Then I get a phone call from my friend Kendra, who I'm babysitting her little guy this weekend. I get off the couch and go to the bedroom to talk. She's a quiet talker. Mark is always arguing with the Ref. Like he can HEAR him!
In the 10 minutes I'm on the phone. The Sens score 2 goals. Mark is livid with me. Adamant that I get off the phone. It's bad luck. Yatta yatta. So I go back to the couch and he's still mad. So I had to get off the phone and call her back during intermission. Geez.
Third period is about to start. Mark can't handle it anymore. He says he's going to go for a walk. Doesn't want to see the loss and how its all going to end. I tell him "No. Stick it out. And don't be so negative!" He was petting Lucy on the head so Hard, it reminded me of that book "Of Mice and Men", when Lenny killed the mouse! Ha! Poor Lucy!
If I got up to get a drink. I got scolded. If I got up for a snack I got 20 questions AND the third degree. Sounds fun I know!
Okay, so we win. Game over. So Exciting. Mark dashes out the door to go celebrate with his buddies and I left feeling used and abused. I don't think I've EVER felt like that before!
If you BELIEVE click on it! You'll need speakers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home