Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Back from Ohio!


Gosh, I can't believe it's been 10 days since my last entry! I left a lot on the 30th for you's but again, a dry spell!

Well, my husband is freaking out about my blog and also my Facebook participation, so I have to be some what more anonymous now. So, I would normally have TOLD you the name of his College or WHERE in Ohio we were, but I can't. You could narrow it down and it wouldn't be that hard. You wouldn't even have to be an investigator to figure it out I'm sure.

Anyway, it was Mark's 20th...yes you heard me right...20th College Reunion this weekend in Ohio.

We stayed with one of his college friends, who was the Best Man at our wedding, Scott _____(blank). Anonymity!! Ha!

Scott and his wife Betsy, just built this huge home in the fall and we were lucky enough that they invited us to stay with them. They have two kids under 3 and it's hectic to say the least!

Anyway, we drove to the College Saturday morning and walked some of the grounds. It was really pretty. Being a Canadian and never been to College myself, I had an idea of what it would look like but not on this scale. It was HUGE, like, very spread out and large, old historical buildings. Nestled among towering oak trees that 2 men would have to hug to try and reach each other. They were so lush and green and alive.

The weather was sunny and warm with a degree of 80...okay so like 26 Celsius to us Canuks! It was the perfect recipe for a College Reunion! One to bring back many happy memories for the students. (Although Mark was sad to see his "house" was ripped down and a new Dorm was going up in 4 houses of space.)

We had a small lunch outside under a tent...the kids ran wild in the soccer fields below. Then the Graduating Class of '87 got a class photo outside on the bleachers like the "old days".



They also had a kids "blow up" toy section and Tegan had a blast! Jumping, climbing and sliding! Mark caught up to his art professor and got a tour of the new art department. Reminisced about 2 girls naked in the pottery area and at the time took some photo's! Hmm...never knew that. He never did mention if that was for Photography class or not!

And then we had a sit-down, drink break in the back of our truck. Then off to the Book Store to buy souvenirs we didn't need. Luckily we came out with pottery only...for the new cottage...in a year and a half's time!

This time we got a golf cart ride to the next tent across campus that had a Banana Split Party, set up with a small band playing. Very nice touch I thought. So we had a scoop of Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce drizzled on top. Not to mention the spray of whip cream around the sides, a wallop of crushed peanuts and a maraschino cherry to finish the job. Tegan had 3 little spoon fulls and I HAD to eat the rest myself! Don't you feel sorry for me??




Finally it was time to go. It was around 4:30p.m. Long day for all of us. Tegan didn't even sleep on the way home. Which was an hour's drive. She definitely had fun!




We left Ohio this morning. Should have only taken us 1 entire full tank of gas to get home. Which works out to 4 hours. But we stopped for lunch, then at Aunt Suzie's in Buffalo. Then Duty Free, THEN for our take out dinner. So. It was 6 hours 20 minutes later and we were in the driveway.

Home Sweet Home. My truck said "Ahhhhh."

1 Comments:

Blogger alissa said...

Gorgeous photo of you in the truck!

As for the anonymous arguments... I have them ALL the time!!! Notice I no longer swear in my blog? Well, that was a result of one such argument - it's not how the "wife of an executive" should speak!!! (true enough!) I just have to be more aware of who may potentially read it considering I publish under my real name - probably something I shouldn't have done!! Well, that and told my inlaws about it!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home