Taylor's - The Next Generation

As the Boland & Taylor tree twines together, so do the days of our lives!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We're hitting the terrible two's long and hard! "Love is Patient, Love is Kind..." I just have to keep telling myself that!

Friday, April 06, 2007

Ever wonder what your 1st Sanitary Napkin Discovery was like?

When I was a kid, I remember being told "ya don't need those. Don't touch them. They're just for Mommy. I'll tell you about them later when you get a bit older..."

That's what I was always told. SO, I didn't touch them...except this one time, when my cousin Mike & Shelley came over, and we discovered what tampons did in a lot of water! Exploded! Coooooool!

Anyway, ever since Tegan could pull open my vanity drawers, she was consistently attracted to the yellow wrappers of my Always with Wings.

She discovered you could unwrap them and they would grow in size and eventually, come to reveal a white "sticker" to adhere anywhere she wanted. How fun! My personal favorite is when she tries to stick them to Lucy as she's walking by, but it won't stick to her. So instead, I get Lucy hair on IT. Or from the carpet, Lucy hair will definately be a factor in the cleaning up of the paper mess to say the least.

And me being cheap and thrifty, using the "waste not, want not" mentality, I would gather up the disaray of wrappers and try to place them back together...except, it never went back to it's original form. Somehow two sides would stick together and it would almost be garbage. But the other side of my brain is telling me..."well, there's still another side that's still good!" And so it was pathetically wrapped back up again and shoved into the drawer. Because chances are, tomorrow, she'll be right back in there riping them all apart again anyway.

Well, this final outburst of laugh came only a week ago. When we had just returned from our trip to Florida and I'd finished unpacking. I had left the suitcase lying in our bedroom. Some of these napkins and items get left in the suitcase for "emergency" uses on our next trip. In fact, I had just finished telling Suzie that I'd found a "green" one for the St. Patrick's Day Party, probably from 1990 I'd kept in my suitcase!

I was in the office on the phone with a friend of mine, when around the corner my daughter made her gracious entry. Across the face, over her mouth was the Always WITH Wings attached to her face! One wing over her nose, the other over her chin. Full coverage as they say! She couldn't even see where she was going!


She peeled if off and I'm sure she also gave herself her first lip waxing! Ouch! I then went to the bathroom to return the item, but there was no wrapper. Hmmm...I asked her "where did you get this from?" And she replied "In here Mommy!" And took me to the bedroom. And this is what I found!










1 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

I am laughing my BUTT off! I swear she's going to grow up to be comic - while you were taking that picture of her, was she saying, "Tegan funny!" (I love when she critiques her own performance.)


I can't believe the little girl went from diapers to maxipads so fast ;-)

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home